Careers with the Legal Services Society
If you want a challenging and meaningful career, consider the available positions with the Legal Services Society (LSS).
Whether providing direct service to our clients or working behind the scenes, we're looking for people who want to make a contribution to justice and make a difference to the lives of people in need.
LSS is an independent, non-profit organization that provides legal aid for people with low incomes in BC. Our vision is a British Columbia where all people are able to find timely and lasting solutions to their legal issues.
Why work here?
LSS employees are proud of the work they do and committed to making a difference for our clients. We emphasize developing innovative ways to provide clients with the type of services they need to help them with their legal problems. We also work closely with other service providers to ensure the justice system meets the needs of our clients. As you can probably tell, client service is a top priority at LSS and going the extra mile is what we strive for in everything we do.
LSS also provides a positive and supportive work environment for its employees. Our generous and comprehensive benefit package includes:
- BC Medical Services Plan
- Extended health care
- Dental coverage
- Group life insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Sick leave
- Family illness leave
- Long-term disability
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Paid vacation (four weeks to start)
- Modified work week schedule for some positions
- Statutory holidays, including 1/2 days for Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve
- Maternity, parental, & adoption leaves with generous top-up pay
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Training assistance & professional development
- Employee Wellness and Recognition Programs
- Healthy work/life balance
- Fun Club (yes, we like to have fun too!)
LSS is a unionized environment. Our lawyers belong to the Professional Employee’s Association (PEA). Our other professional, technical, and support staff belong to the BC Government Employee’s Union (BCGEU). Our Human Resources Department, located in the Vancouver Regional Centre, is responsible for recruiting staff.