Summary of the November 2017 LSS Tariffs changes
The following is a summary of the changes. For full details, please refer to the Disbursements Tariff.
- First ordering party — Electronic is now the default format for the first ordering party for non-appeal transcripts. The basic transcript order will include one original paper copy and one electronic copy for the court registry, and one electronic copy for you. If you require a paper copy for your own use, you may print a copy, or if that does not meet your needs, you may request authorization to order a paper copy from the transcription company.
- Second ordering party — The basic transcript order will include one paper copy and one electronic copy for you.
Transcript order form: The Transcript Order Form and the Criminal Transcript Order Form are consolidated into one form. Use the new form to order transcripts that require prior LSS authorization and to order transcripts of criminal proceedings that do not require prior LSS authorization.
Service areas — Fraser region: The transcript provider responsibilities for this region have changed since we posted Notice to Counsel #93 in October. Refer to the Appendix of the Disbursements Tariff for the current information.
New digital audio recording CD item: Use this item to bill the cost of requesting a copy of the court’s digital audio recording system (DARS). Billable once per representation contract (up to $27) where obtaining a copy of the DARS is necessary.
Printing electronic disclosure or transcripts: Changed name of tariff item to include “or transcripts.” Use this tariff item to bill the cost of printing an electronic transcript.
Which category of transcript can I order?
- Daily and Expedited — No change.
- Priority — New category. Allows for transcript delivery by the 10th business day after the date on which the transcript was ordered.
- Standard — Previously called ordinary. Available within 22 days, unless the ordering party consents to a longer period.
- Delayed — No longer exists.
Bail reviews, preliminary inquiries, and section 11(b) Charter applications: LSS will pre-authorize these transcripts at the standard rate. The pre-authorization includes one paper copy for your own use if you need it.
Non-appeal proceedings before a court or tribunal — Transcripts of Chambers orders: LSS will authorize transcripts only if the content of the order cannot be determined from the clerk’s notes or the court’s digital audio recording (where a copy of that recording is available without a court application).
Transcript Service Providers
Service areas: Fraser Region has changed since we posted Notice to Counsel #93 (see above).
Travel – Parking
- Daily maximum increased to $18.
- Existing contracts in LSS Online that have not reached their stop date will be updated with the new maximum.
- Reminder to claim your actual parking costs, up to the daily maximum.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.