Living Together or Living Apart
Common-Law Relationships, Marriage, Separation, and Divorce
Explains the basics of family law in BC. Includes information about:
- your rights and responsibilities if you’re married or in a marriage-like relationship,
- how spouses can work out agreements,
- how to work out arrangements for parenting if you have children,
- what to do if you decide to separate or divorce, and
- how to sort out money matters.
The simplified and traditional Chinese, Punjabi, and Spanish versions don't include the most recent changes and updates that appear in the English language version, and the online French version.