LSS takes all complaints we receive seriously. We assess each complaint and take appropriate steps to determine its validity.
How do you make a complaint?
If you had an unpleasant experience with one of our staff members (in person or through the call centre) and would like to make a complaint, you must do so in writing. Please provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Staff member's name
- Office location
- Date and time you visited or spoke to the staff member
- Details of your complaint
You may use the Record of Complaint form to submit your complaint.
Audit & Investigation Department
Legal Services Society
400 – 510 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3A8
Please consider the following when submitting your complaint:
- Provide us with a clear idea of the problem you've experienced and the solution you want.
- Give us all the relevant information you have (or know about) up front.
- Attach any relevant supporting documents that'll help clarify your complaint.
- Tell us new facts as they arise.
- Let us know if you no longer want our help.
- Cooperate with us.
- Treat us with respect.
What is our complaint process?
Once we receive your complaint, our Audit and Investigation Department will do the following:
- Record your complaint and send you an acknowledgement letter within 10 days of receiving your letter.
- Forward the complaint to the appropriate department manager for handling. If additional information is required, the manager will contact you.