BC Housing and Tenancy Law: Legal Updates - Full Panel (Oct 2019)
[1:18:59] Lawyers from TRAC, Atria Women's Resource Society, and CLAS discuss residential tenancy legislation and policy updates, and case law updates. For community workers and advocates. Topics include:
- renovictions, demovictions
- privacy issues in landlord-tenant relationships
- tenancy in co-ops and non-profit housing
- good faith requirement for landlords
- Human Rights Code violations
For more information on tenancy law in British Columbia:
- Tenants Resource & Advisory Centre (TRAC)
- Access Pro Bono
- Clicklaw (online compendium of resources)
- Community Legal Assistance Society
- Dial-a-Law (call in to hear legal information)
- Justice Education Society of BC
For more free public resources about the law in British Columbia:
- Aboriginal Legal Aid in BC
- Family Law in BC
- MyLawBC (featuring Q and A pathways to get tailored action plans, and free online mediation to make a parenting plan)
- Legal Aid BC Resources for Community Workers, including free print publications in a range of languages
Please note: Legal Aid BC resources are for professional development. They don't provide legal or other professional advice. Law is constantly evolving; changes in practice and procedure occur frequently. Exercise your professional judgment about the correctness and applicability of the material. Please refer to the relevant legislation, case law, administrative guidelines, and other primary sources. The views and conclusions expressed here are not necessarily those of Legal Aid BC.
Legal Aid BC helps all British Columbians with serious family, child protection, immigration, and criminal law issues. We give free legal information to everyone, and advice and lawyer services to eligible British Columbians.
Credits: Presentations by Zuzana Modrovic, Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre (TRAC); Amber Prince, Atira Women's Resource Society; and Danielle Sabelli, Community Legal Assistance Society; with an introduction by Leanne Wood, Law Foundation of BC. Filmed and edited by Paul Donovan, Focus Audio Visual Services Ltd. Production and publication coordinated by Kate Murray, Bridget Greenwood, Baljinder Gill, Ella Droko, and Brian Goncalves, Legal Aid BC. Thumbnail design by Brian Goncalves and Caitlin Kuo, Legal Aid BC.