[14:28] Heather Wojcik on Access Pro Bono resources including free legal advice clinics, refugee and immigration clinics, and more. For community workers and settlement workers in BC.
- The focus of Access Pro Bono – matching individuals and organizations with volunteer lawyers
- Free legal advice clinics, including specific clinics for immigrants and refugees
- Roster of volunteer lawyers
- Volunteer Duty Counsel (can help with urgent court issues)
- Volunteer Paralegals
- Wills Clinic Program
- Refugee Program
- Residential Tenancy Program
- Employment Standards Program
- New programs: Medical-Legal partnerships, Court of Appeal program, Homeless Connections ID program, Islamophobia hotline, and new clinics.
To view all resource panel presentations in one video: click here.
More free public resources about the law in British Columbia:
- Aboriginal Legal Aid in BC (Legal Aid BC)
- Clicklaw (online compendium of resources)
- Family Law in BC (Legal Aid BC)
- MyLawBC featuring Q and A pathways to get tailored action plans, and free online mediation to make a parenting plan (Legal Aid BC)
Please note: Legal Aid BC resources are for professional development. They don't provide legal or other professional advice. Law is constantly evolving; changes in practice and procedure occur frequently. Exercise your professional judgment about the correctness and applicability of the material. Please refer to the relevant legislation, case law, administrative guidelines, and other primary sources. The views and conclusions expressed here are not necessarily those of Legal Aid BC.
Legal Aid BC helps all British Columbians with serious family, child protection, immigration, and criminal law issues. We give free legal information to everyone, and advice and lawyer services to eligible British Columbians.
Credits: Presentation by Heather Wojcik, Access Pro Bono. Filmed by Focus Audio Visual Ltd. for Legal Aid BC. Edited by Paul Donovan, Focus Audio Visual Services Ltd., and Karen Dhanda, Legal Aid BC. Production and publication coordinated by Kate Murray, Ella Droko, Baljinder Gill, Brian Goncalves, and Bridget Greenwood, Legal Aid BC.