[21:35] Legal Aid BC's online Family Resolution Centre (FRC), helps separating parents make a parenting plan. If they get stuck, the FRC provides a free, accredited, mediator to assist the parents in completing their plan. Learn how the FRC can help your clients. Topics include:
- How is the FRC different than the Dialogue Tool?
- Provides up to 5 hours of free, accredited mediation
- What is a parenting plan?
- Why did we make the Family Resolution Centre?
- No financial eligibility; but not appropriate in cases of family violence, or for minors
- How to find the Family Resolution Centre
- What does it look like to use the tool: The fictitious case of Amy and Josh
- How to use the FRC to make decisions in seven key areas of a parenting plan
- How to request a free mediator if needed
For more information on Family Law in British Columbia:
- Family Law in BC
- Aboriginal Legal Aid in BC
- MyLawBC (featuring Q and A pathways to get tailored action plans)
- Clicklaw (online compendium of resources)
- Family Law Line
- Legal Aid BC Resources for Community Workers, including free print publications in a range of languages
- Dial-a-Law (call in to hear legal information)
Please note: Legal Aid BC resources are for professional development. They don't provide legal or other professional advice. Law is constantly evolving; changes in practice and procedure occur frequently. Exercise your professional judgment about the correctness and applicability of the material. Please refer to the relevant legislation, case law, administrative guidelines, and other primary sources. The views and conclusions expressed here are not necessarily those of Legal Aid BC.
Legal Aid BC helps all British Columbians with serious family, child protection, immigration, and criminal law issues. We give free legal information to everyone, and advice and lawyer services to eligible British Columbians.
Credits: Presentation by Ella Droko and Nate Prosser, Legal Aid BC. Production and publication coordinated by Ella Droko and Kate Murray, Legal Aid BC.