If you want a challenging and meaningful career, consider the available positions with Legal Aid BC.
Whether it's a position providing direct service to our clients or working behind the scenes, we're looking for people who want to make a contribution to justice and make a difference to the lives of people in need.
Legal Aid BC is an independent, non-profit organization that provides legal aid for people with low incomes in BC. Our vision is a British Columbia where all people are able to find timely and lasting solutions to their legal issues.
Why work here?
Our employees are proud of the work they do and committed to making a difference for our clients. We emphasize developing innovative ways to provide clients with the type of services they need to help them with their legal problems. We work closely with other service providers to ensure the justice system meets the needs of our clients. Client service is a top priority at Legal Aid BC and going the extra mile is what we strive for in everything we do.
LABC provides a positive and supportive work environment for our employees. Our generous and comprehensive benefit package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Extended health benefits (physiotherapy, massage, and other therapeutic treatments)
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Travel insurance and life insurance
- Employee and family assistance program
- Paid vacation (four weeks to start)
- Modified work week schedule for some positions
- Statutory holidays, including 1/2 days on Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve
- Birth parent, parental, and adoption leaves with generous top-up pay
- Employee wellness and recognition programs
- Healthy work-life balance
- Employee Referral Program
- Ergonomic assessments
Legal Aid BC is a unionized environment. Our lawyers belong to the Professional Employee’s Association (PEA). Our other professional, technical, and support staff belong to the BC Government Employee’s Union (BCGEU). Our Human Resources Department, located in the Vancouver Regional Centre, is responsible for recruiting staff.