Mères quittant un partenaire violent
Mothers Leaving Abusive Partners
Family Law Information
Plain language guide primarily for women with children who've been abused by their intimate partner (such as a spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend). Describes the legal process and terms and covers:
- what is abuse
- where to get help
- protecting yourself and your children
- what the courts can do to help
- what will happen to the children
- deciding parenting arrangements
- frequently asked questions
- what to take with you when you leave
Produced in collaboration with the YWCA Metro Vancouver.
This publication is for people who are comfortable reading and may have some legal knowledge.