Immigration problems

You can get a lawyer to represent you in your immigration law case if:

  • you are facing an immigration proceeding that may result in your removal from Canada, or
  • you wish to claim refugee status.

If you wish to claim refugee status and you qualify, you can get a lawyer to:

  • help you fill out forms
  • help you prepare for a refugee claim hearing
  • represent you at your hearing

Legal Aid immigration line

For more information or to apply for legal aid, call the Legal Aid immigration line:

604-601-6076 or
1-888-601-6076 (no charge)

You do not need to have an appointment with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) before you contact legal aid.

You can also visit the office in Vancouver.

If you're in detention, ask to speak to duty counsel or call the legal aid immigration line.